Monday, August 13, 2012

"The Spirit that resides here at the MTC literally is comparable to the Temple."

7/2

Hello Family!
How is everybody!? I hope you are all doing wonderfully. I am having such a great time here at the MTC! Bulgarian is so cool, but i wouldn't have even imagined it to be this hard. Like it is SO. HARD. But it's way fun and I'm loving it anyway. My trip to Los Angeles was amazing too! We woke up at 4:30, got on a plane, went to the Bulgarian Consolate in Los Angeles and signed our Visa Applications in person, went to In-N-Out Burger, then got to take a trip to the Los Angeles Temple before our flight back! The LA Temple is one of the most beautiful Temples I have seen in my entire life. I got some great pictures with all of my district in front. My district (the ones who are going to Bulgaria Bulgarian speaking too) are like family to me. Everyone comes from different places, different backgrounds, and has different stories. We have myself and my companions Elders Stratton and Hoy, then Elders Goodwin, Mock, Greenacre, Bellows, Killpack, Wall, Von Neederhausern, Maxwell, and Sisters Frame and Roper. They are all incredible and I cannot wait to share this Mission with them. As you know, I did have a chance to speak with President Wilstead, but I got to actually see them once more right before they left to Bulgaria. We got to talk for like 10 minutes and they are incredible people. I cannot wait to get to Bulgaria. This week I got to go to the Provo Temple with my companions and district, and that was a wonderful experience. Everyone loves to be there and loves each other so the Spirit was way strong. While I was in LA, apparantly 10 of the 12 apostles were here for the new Mission President conference and gave a talk, but I missed it unfortunately.
Mission life is definitely crazy. While waking up at 6:30 isn't a horrrrible thing anymore, it still sucks. :) But after like 15 minutes it wears off. I am learning so much, and the Spirit that resides here at the MTC literally is comparable to the Temple. Seeing all the missionaries every day is just incredible. Before I left, I didn't think that my testimony could be any stronger. I was so. dead. wrong. It has been strengthened so much here, and I will be very excited but sad as well to go. How is Ally doing? She still driving everywhere? Is there a new car in her future? And Jesse!? Still needin' to borrow some sweats? :) And Kayla! Is she still with Lexi 24/7? Does Maya come and try to find me? I hope so. I got the nicest letters from Sarah, Grandma Cindy, Janelle, and lots of other people. We have a little competition here at the MTC with who can get the most letters. Letters are 1 point, packages are 5. I am in the lead with 24 letters and 3 packages! Way to be ya'll! Keep it up! I love you all, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I cannot wait to get to Bulgaria to Preach His Gospel. I have about 25 minutes, so if you are on email, shoot me one! Love you guys!
Стареишина Форши

Oh, ps Yes I got the ATM card, yes I got your letter dad (thanks a ton by the way it was amazing), I sent the SD card today, so it should get there tomorrow or the next day. I will only send you sd cards in the mtc, because they will aparantly not make it back in Bulgaria. I will email you pictures and send you hard copies as well. That is way funny about the temple worker thing mom! Tell everyone I miss them and Tell MISSY to stop whining that I haven't written her back because she hasn't put a return address on anything :) I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment