Monday, August 13, 2012

"Countless times he has told us how numbers do not matter to him, and if he is simply doing his best, he knows our Heavenly Father will be proud of him."

8/13/12
Dear Forshees,
My name is Elder Spencer Hoy. I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; and I have been called to serve in the Bulgaria, Sofia mission. Here at the MTC, I have been blessed to have had your son, Elder Nick Forshee, as one of my companions.
I am writing this letter to thank you for raising a son like Nick, I mean, Elder Forshee. He is a great role model to all of us. Thank you especially for encouraging him to develop his musical talents! He has a beautiful voice, and our entire district loves to hear him sing.
He has a great knowledge of the scriptures, and his ability to apply them to life has been a huge benefit for us as we have taught our investigators.
But above all else, thank you for raising him to be an optimist. Countless times he has told us how numbers do not matter to him, and if he is simply doing his best, he knows our Heavenly Father will be proud of him. I am trying to develop that same optimism in my own life.
In short, thank you for being awesome, for I know for Elder Forshee to have turned out this way his parents must have been amazing!
I wish you the best of luck with whatever your future may hold!
Your fellow missionary,
Elder Hoy
Ps: Elder Forshee does not know I have sent this letter. I don’t plan on telling him, but you may tell him if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment